You must register for this course through CrossFit.com
Nov 24th-25th date: https://crossfit.regfox.com/denvernov2018
THE LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATE COURSE IS AN INTRODUCTION TO CROSSFIT’S METHODOLOGY AND FOUNDATIONAL MOVEMENTS.
The Level 1 provides introductory education on the fundamental principles and movements of CrossFit. It is structured to meet two goals:
1. Provide attendees with the knowledge to better use CrossFit methods for themselves; and
2. Provide attendees with an initial and foundational education to begin training others using CrossFit.
The course includes classroom instruction on these topics, as well as hands-on small-group training for the movements. These group sessions are conducted under low intensity with a focus on improving mechanics. Participants’ movements are observed and corrected, and they engage in dialogue concerning effective coaching techniques. Large-group CrossFit workouts are conducted as an example of bridging the gap from theory to practice. These workouts provide examples of how to:
- Conduct a class.
- Hold a standard of proper mechanics at high intensity.
- Achieve relative high levels of intensity for each individual.
- Scale for any ability level.
After completing this course and successfully passing the Level 1 Certificate Test, participants will be able to:
- Define the core concepts of the CrossFit program.
- Identify the primary points of performance of foundational and additional movements.
- Identify violations of sound movement.
- Apply appropriate corrections toward improved movement.
- Apply the CrossFit program safely and effectively.
Participants are eligible for the CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate if they:
- are at least 17 years old at the time of testing;
- have no outstanding balances for prior CrossFit Certificate or Specialty Courses;
- have no pending legal cases with CrossFit, Inc.; and
- have no known documented violations of the Code of Conduct.
To receive a Level 1 Trainer Certificate, one must:
- Attend the entire two-day course (approximately 9 a.m.-5 p.m. both days), to include:
- 100 percent exposure to all lectures,
- 100 percent participation in all practical break-out sessions, and
- 100 percent participation in all workouts (all workouts can and will be scaled appropriately for individuals with special needs).
- Pass the Level 1 test in person.
- Sign the CrossFit Trainer Licensing Agreement.
- Agree to the policies outlined in the Level 1 Participant Handbook.
- Agree to the Waiver and Release of Liability.
- Agree to the Confidentiality Agreement.
- Pay all course/test fees in full.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are issued a Certificate of Attendance.
TEST RESULTS AND CERTIFICATES
Test results are delivered to participants via email five to seven days from the test date.
Individuals receive a pass-or-fail result. No numerical score will be issued.
Trainer certificates are individually mailed and can take up to four weeks to arrive for those living in the United States, and eight to twelve weeks for those living outside the United States. Certificates of attendance are emailed within one month of course attendance.