You must register for this course with CrossFit.com here https://training.crossfit.com/kids
The purpose of this course is to learn specific methods for teaching CrossFit to children and adolescents. Participants learn techniques to overcome the unique challenges of teaching kids CrossFit methodology, as well as how a CrossFit Kids program can help build one’s affiliate. Attendees will also see how CrossFit Kids is changing the lives of children and teens around the world for the better. Other topics covered include neurological development as it relates to exercise, weightlifting, health and safety, programming, teaching styles, class structure, and kids games. Throughout the course, participants learn how to pair fitness with fun – which is essential in promoting a lifetime of fitness. Affiliate owners, teachers, coaches, parents, home-schooling families and others benefit from learning this unique, kid-friendly approach to teaching CrossFit.
The Kids Course teaches participants to:
- Define the core concepts of the CrossFit Kids program.
- Pair all aspects of fitness with fun.
- Identify the primary points of performance of the foundational movements.
- Teach children how to perform the foundational movements safely.
- Identify sound vs. unsound movement mechanics when training others, and apply the appropriate correction.
- Apply the CrossFit Kids program safely and effectively, while gaining the experience necessary to develop competency in training others using CrossFit Kids methods.
- There are no prerequisites required prior to registration.
- Recommended: Level 1 Certificate Course attendance.